Thursday, February 26, 2009

Our Wedding Diary 3:Wedding and Debuts 2009

Original Post: February 18, 2009

Good thing Jen was available last Sunday afternoon and she went with me to SM Megamall to attend the Wedding and Debut 2009 bridal fair. I was quite excited to go to this fair as I'll be making a downpayment for our wedding cake, so that means another accomplishment on our "WEDDING TO DO LIST". Also, this is Jen's first bridal fair so I make it a point that she'll enjoy the experience.

Upon entering Megatrade Hall 2 we started to look for Tita Gervy, but we have to stopped and visit the other booths from time to time to look for an invitation that will best suit my wedding theme and color motiff. Inviting Jen was a good choice since we have the same taste when it comes to designs, I wanted a simple and elegant invitation. The first booth that we visited is the QP design, we saw an invitation that perfectly suit my wedding theme and motiff. Upon seeing the first invite, Jen said " Ay, I like. It's nice", and I must agree it's so nice. The invite was simple and elegant and we booth love it!!! 1 invite set includes: the main invite, the entourage page, the Map insert and the envelope with an embossed monogram on it. There's also a seperate RSVP insert that I can get as a freebie along with the the monogram, gift tags and Thank you cards. The invite looks similar to this, but the border will be a little differrent since it's an autumn theme. The paper is in a light bronze shade with an orange border and a gold ink will be used.



I just asked for the price of the invites since I don't want to keep Jen waiting. She already said that the place is congested so I have to keep her away from the crowd. hehehe. (Kahiya naman kasi naabala ko na nga sya then makipagsiksikan pa sya). We went to another booth and I also like the design that i saw. I told Jen, that I wanted to have a sticker monogram so it will sealed our invites. Jen gave me this comment " OK din yan, para masunod ang luho mo." hehehehe.

After checking on the other invites here's our final verdict:

KHIM: Ok yung unang invites!
JEN: I like tlaga the FIRST one!

Yipee I already found the design na for the invite. Next in line is to look for the booth of Gervy's Amazing Cakes, since I have to gave her our downpayment for the cake. When I saw, Tita Gervy's booth, I informed Jen that I already saw Tita Gervy and we headed towards her direction. Jen, like the cake on display. It's a very simple chocolate covered cake with bride and groom topper that looks so sweet sitting on the edege of the cake. I even borrowed the photo albums and asked Jen to help me picked a design. Upon browsing the pages we suddenly saw an Autumn theme cake and I knew it was the perfect design for my wedding cake. I super love it. It has an maple leaves as a design and an edible bride and groom that serves as the cake topper. I just need to add a little details on the cake in order to make it more personalize. I want to put a mobile tower as a cake topper and then on the second layer there's an edible bride and groom holding a cellphone. hehehe.

Since Tita Gervy had cake samples with with her, I offered Jen some in order for her to atste the cake. Jen, ate the chocolate flavor first and then the carrot cake and she really love it. After paying the downpayment and signin g the contract, Tita Gervy gave me a box of assorted cakes. It's so yummy, I offered pa Jen to taste pa the other sample.

Jen and I looked for a photographer and I was surprised that Vignette photography by Danny Ignacio was one of the exhibitors. I really love his shoots since from the start and his package is within our budget. He even won a lot of award and recogniton last year including the Photographer of the year 2008. I'm thinking of getting him to cover our wedding day.That will be a good idea, one of the best photogrpaher in town covering my wedding day! Hmmmmmm, that sounds really nice.

Jen left the fair at around 5PM. I decided to stay a little longer in order to check some suppliers in my list. I went back to the QP booth in order to get a quotation for the invites that I wanted. The AE gave me a quotation and I must say that it's a good deal, it perfectly fits our budget. Yipee, I haggle a little more and ask for an added discount and she was able to said "Yes'!!! Good thing I was born with a "HAGGLING POWER'"hahaha. She even informed me that she can give me a bigger discount when I booked them at PICC this coming March on Wedding Expo 2009. Whew, yipeeeee. I was able to get a huge discount for the invites and it's almost 40% savings from the budget that we allotted for it. I texted Roj right away and inform him about the quote that I got from QP and he gave his "Go signal". Yipee, I can be able to book them on Wedding Expo along with some of our chosen suppliers that will be participatingm on the said fair.

I went to Eddie Bruan's booth afterward as I promised Tito Eddie that I will visit his booth. Upon greeting him, He told me that He'll be able to do the trial make- up on the next fair for free which is the Wedding Expo. He even told me that He's going to give a discount a special gift and a little pampering when I booked him next month. :-) yipeee...a lot of freebies...hehehe. He even endorsed me to 15-58 flower shop and they gave me a super good deal for the church and entourage flower.

It's really my lucky day! I got a lot of freebies and discount for the suppliers that we're eyeing for. Yippeee...Next bridal fair I'll be able to place a downpayment for them. Don't worry I'll place my kwentos again here.

Bye for now.....TODDLES!!!!!!

Here's the comments for this entry on my other blog

ketchupplease said...
hi sis! i added you na in my link. sorry for the delay.. oh my gosh i LOVE your invitations!!! :-) happy preps!

February 24, 2009 10:33 PM
Roj and Khim said...
im glad you like my invites sissy. you think maganda outcome if palitan namin ng konti ung mga victorian appliques niya, gawin namin autumn ganun...

February 25, 2009 6:34 PM

No comments:

Related Post

Related Posts with Thumbnails